Compilation Errors

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

Greetings,

I've gotten an error when trying compile the ODE code, WIN-XP, H8.0.347. Here's the error message:

c:\Documents and Settings\mstory\My Documents\work\ODE\ode\SIM_SolverODE\SIM_Sol
verODE.h(52) : error C2259: 'SIM_SolverODE' : cannot instantiate abstract class
        due to following members:
        'SIM_Solver::SIM_Result SIM_Solver::solveObjectsSubclass(SIM_Engine &,SI
M_ObjectArray &,SIM_ObjectArray &,SIM_ObjectArray &,const SIM_Time &)' : pure virtual function was not defined
        C:/Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 8.0.347\toolkit\include\SIM\SIM_Solver.h(120) : see declaration of 'SIM_Solver::solveObjectsSubclass'
c:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 8.0.347\toolkit\include\SIM\SIM_GroupArray.h(26) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); s
topping compilation

However, the solveObjectsSubclass() virtual function is in fact defined, haven't had a chance yet to look at the error related to SIM_GroupArray().

I'm only able to work on this at home, so my time is extremely limited, thus my posting to ask for hints on this. The ODE code I used is the latest on the sourceforge site.

--Mark

Guest xionmark

Hi there,

I've poured over the source code and this makes no sense why I'm getting this error, the solveObjectsSubclass() is defined (it's the guy doing most of the work!), could this be a .NET 2003 issue? I can't imagine that it would be.

Has anyone recently compiled this on a WIN box lately?

Unfortunately Charlex is almost 100% Windows for the artist's workstations, so I need to build it for WIN-XP.

This feels like one of those errors that's right under my nose, but I can't sniff it out yet ...

(And to complicate things, the only WIN box that hcustom works on for me is mine at home ... but that's the subject for a different post)

--Mark

Guest xionmark
Maybe the parameters changed for the method? Carefully make sure that your subclass' function declaration matches that of the base class.

21132[/snapback]

Yep!

That's it!

There's now only 2 SIM_ObjectArray's being passed in.

virtual void solveObjectsSubclass (SIM_Engine &engine, SIM_ObjectArray &objects, SIM_ObjectArray &newobjects, const SIM_Time &timestep) const =0

Thanks Edward, I should built the Doxy HDK files for H8.0.347 a few days ago ... oh well!

Now to find the impications of the changes to the SIM_SolverODE class.

:D You're the best!

--Mark

Guest xionmark

Ok, cool, it looks like that SIM_ObjectArray isn't being used for anything currently.

I'll see if I can't figure out what's up with this WIN box I'm on, (hcustom keeps failing), then I won't have to wait to get home to compile! :-)

Thanks again!

--Mark

Guest xionmark

OK, I got hcustom working thanks to the tips from this thread:

http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?showtop...t=0entry20879

(for some reason the .NET "Command Prompt" still doesn't work on this machine, I'll figure that out later)

Anyway, I spoke too quickly in the last reply, I was looking at older H8 docs, the newest does on fact say:

virtual SIM_Result  solveObjectsSubclass (SIM_Engine &engine, SIM_ObjectArray &objects, SIM_ObjectArray &newobjects, SIM_ObjectArray &feedbacktoobjects, const SIM_Time &timestep)=0

But now I get a bunch of linking errors ... still plugging along ...

--Mark