Inheriting Attributes

megalith

Hi all!

Just got back into Houdini after a long period of inactivity, and it's great to be back!!

Running into a bit of a problem with POPs and attributes. In my Source POP I'm using a SOP that has UV coordinates. Now under the Attributes tab I'm turning on Create Local Variables and specifying uv in the Inherity Attributes text box. Now when I create a node later down the stream, I middle-click on the node and it shows up under the Attributes, but for the life of me I can't figure how to use it. I've tried $UVX, $UV[0], etc etc...nothing works. What am I doing wrong??

Hope someone has some sort of answer to this.

Thanks!

~megalith

Make sure that you have point uv's as opposed to vertex uv's. If you right-click on the SOP and choose Extended Information, note that the uv attribute is a Float attribute. So the correct accessor will be $UV1, $UV2, $UV3.

21323[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply! I checked to make sure they were indeed point attributes, and they are. I attached an image as well...just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Any other thoughts?

~megalith

post-972-1126826781_thumb.jpg

Strange, try the attached file. Which build of Houdini are you running? The attached file was saved in the latest Houdini 8 build.

21326[/snapback]

Alright, I was just plain stupid there. :P I thought I had checked "Create Local Variables", but I hadn't...it was on at one point, but I apparently switched it off. Thanks edward for the file!! Helped me catch my mistake.

Thanks guys!

~megalith