Houdini Ocean Toolkit

Guest Craig

I'm trying to install this. When I just use the compiled (linux) version, I get this on Houdini startup:

Houdini DSO - error on '/home/craig/houdini8.0/dso/SOP_Ocean.so'

/home/craig/houdini8.0/dso/SOP_Ocean.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8SOP_Node24cookInputPrimitiveGroupsER10OP_ContextRPK17GB_PrimitiveGroupR18GU_DetailGroupPairibiiib

So I think OK, I'll compile it from source. When I try that, I (eventually) get this:

../../include/Ocean.h:126: error: 'fftwf_plan' is used as a type, but is not defined as a type.

b la bla bunch of other similar errors, then

Compile failed.

Which problem is easier to solve, and how do I solve it?

Thanks

Hi Craig,

I'm away on leave at the moment so can't see the code. As you can see from previous threads about this and other dso's, the houdini version you use is very specific, particularly so for SOPs, not so much for the vex extensions.

Compiling from scratch shouldn't be too difficult on linux, have you followed the instructions from the odwiki page closely ? That is, you've compiled and installed the fftw and blitz libraries first ?

BTW I haven't compiled under H8 since the beta closed, we haven't installed new licenses yet, so I can't vouch for the HOT's stability under the most recent H8's.

-Drew

I'm trying to install this. When I just use the compiled (linux) version, I get this on Houdini startup:

Houdini DSO - error on '/home/craig/houdini8.0/dso/SOP_Ocean.so'

/home/craig/houdini8.0/dso/SOP_Ocean.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8SOP_Node24cookInputPrimitiveGroupsER10OP_ContextRPK17GB_PrimitiveGroupR18GU_DetailGroupPairibiiib

So I think OK, I'll compile it from source. When I try that, I (eventually) get this:

../../include/Ocean.h:126: error: 'fftwf_plan' is used as a type, but is not defined as a type.

b la bla bunch of other similar errors, then

Compile failed.

Which problem is easier to solve, and how do I solve it?

Thanks

21551[/snapback]