Promote Display Flag To A Hda How?

lisux

Hi odforce guys.

I am making an HDA for an effect and i want to promote to the hda gui some display flags of geometry OBJs contained in the hda, so i can enable/disable the display of certain element of the effect in the viewport from he hda gui.

How can i do it?

Thanks.

You can't promote any flags from any operators. There are known ways to get what you want.  In this case...

Just turn on the display channel toggle for the object  then promote the display channel itself.

22140[/snapback]

I guess you are refering to the display option in the render tab ob the go OBJ.

That i want is to promote the display flag of the geo OBJ node to affect only the display in the viewport of this node.

I think that the display option in the render tab affects only to the render not to the viewport.

I guess you are refering to the display option in the render tab ob the go OBJ.

That i want is to promote the display flag of the geo OBJ node to affect only the display in the viewport of this node.

I think that the display option in the render tab affects only to the render not to the viewport.

22142[/snapback]

The display channel in the Render tab at the object level does affect the display in the viewport.

And if you only want to affect the display and not the render, promote a channel to a Switch SOP that toggles between your geometry and either an empty Add SOP or a Null SOP.

Thanks old school, stu and sibarrick.

I make a mistake with the display option, yes it affects both viewport and render, is like the geo node view flag.

I think that it could be great that display option and display flag would be linked.