Submarine / Water?

thehive

hey guys i got houdini 8 , wanted to know how many particales can houdini handel , also we have a small project at work that invloves a sub bursting out of the water , im sure this has to be done in a couple of passes. any suggestions as to were to start off.thanks guys

hey guys i got houdini 8 , wanted to know how many particales can houdini handel , also we have a small project at work that invloves a sub bursting out of the water  , im sure this has to be done in a couple of passes. any suggestions as to were to start off.thanks guys

22182[/snapback]

never done anything like it - but a guess would be to use sprites for the particles - render as a pass - emit the paricles from the surface based on the velocity of the sub moving out (so they look like drips) and also to make the sub a collision object so the drips roll down the side.

that really is a guess - spaceboyzero did something similar with an (giant) octopus bursting out-of the water, think he did something along those lines - tis what i would try first

cheers

J