Houdini And Gnome2

lisux

Can anybody said how he/she has integrated houdini into gnome2?

I want to add a menu entry to gnome to launch houdini from a terminal, but all the configuration i have made didn't work.

I have my environment configured because i source the houdini_setup_bash script in /et/bash.bashrc so all the sessions have the houdini environment, but when i put the command line into the menu entry configurator nothing happens.

Has anybody did it before?

Thanks

Can anybody said how he/she has integrated houdini into gnome2?

I want to add a menu entry to gnome to launch houdini from a terminal, but all the configuration i have made didn't work.

I have my environment configured because i source the houdini_setup_bash script in /et/bash.bashrc so all the sessions have the houdini environment, but when i put the command line into the menu entry configurator nothing happens.

Has anybody did it before?

Thanks

22218[/snapback]

When I installed Houdini for my kids, I ended up creating a wrapper script called houdini.exe

#!/bin/csh -f
   cd $HFS   # wherever it is on your machine
   source houdini_setup
   exec houdini $*

This way, they could just double click an icon which had the script bound to it.

I'm sure there are lots of other ways to do this as well..

When I installed Houdini for my kids, I ended up creating a wrapper script called houdini.exe

#!/bin/csh -f
   cd $HFS   # wherever it is on your machine
   source houdini_setup
   exec houdini $*

This way, they could just double click an icon which had the script bound to it.

I'm sure there are lots of other ways to do this as well..

22221[/snapback]

Yes i have done it in the /etc/bash_bashrc file, that is sorced by /etc/profile too, so any session must be correct initialized, login and no login sessions.

But it seems that the gnome2 xsessoin is not correctly initilized, i can launch houdini from a terminal witrhout any problem, but not from and a shortcut.

• 3 weeks later...

I solved it.

The problem was that gnome was started from gdm, and then no bash initialization script was launched, so i haven't my environment set up.

The solution is quite simple, use in gdm, "Default X Session" instead of "Gnome", then gdm use your ~/.xsession file to launch your sesion, in this file source your bashrc, profile, etc ....

This way i have my houdini environment redy in gnome.