Center Of Gravity Simulation

DELTAadmin

Hi everybody!

Could u help me? I have to simulate a the Earth and continental plates sliding on it. Simple faking is not suitable for the job I am specifically entrusted to create a simulation enviroment to this.

I have some ideas, but am curious how would u do that? It has to contain the ability to create cracks, to give them a width, and the ability to collide plates which result ridges, mountains.

Simple gravity force - I think - is inadequate since it does not allow u to pull material towards the center of gravitation (in nonhoudini apps), it just allow u to use the x and y directions.

Thank u

--------------------------

Some more details of the job:

I feel I can share more infos.

Goal: creating a simulation system which could present the ... mainly geological theory. Not plate tectonics, but in the same field, that is how continents formed, how oceanic ridges and trenches formed, giving answers for the shape of the Earth (buckled downward in the western Pacific area ...), how oceanic canyons and land canyons were formed, how layered strata was formed, how fossisls were formed, etc.... The system must have the capability to follow changing driver parameters, as more research shows something new...

So it is a very complex system based on a complex theory. It would be great if I (or someone else) would be able to make just a part of it, especially the next ones:

1. The Earth's crust cracks, this crack widens

2. Water erupts from beneth the crust through the cracks, the cracks widen, sediment spreads on the surface of the Earth

3. As the cracks' width reach a certain given amount the underlying crust buckles upward, the plates above this slide away from the rising floor. As the underlying crust are buckling upward the opposite side of the Earth sinks downward.

4. The sliding plates run into resistence, compresses, forming mountains, plateaus, ...

Future plan is to make a simulation on the forming of the Grand-Canyon based on this theory.

The above detailed simulation is driven by some key parameters:

I. The stiffness of the crust, the mass (global average, or local), collision parameters

2. The cracks' widening

3. Time

4. Gravity

at least by these.