Development Enviroinment

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone could help..I have just started to research into the HDK, I am setting up my environment but it seems not to be working.

I set up the environmental variable MSVCDir as D:\Visual_Studio .NET_2003\Vc7\include , but when I try to compile some of the sample code in the /toolkit/samples by running hcustom, it returns an error saying that the variable is not pointing to the correct include directory ?????? wha..h ??????

I had a lok at the .NET istallation and this seems to me the only valid include directory..

For the love of god ....

HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP

Sincerely yours,

Mauricio.

post-1104-1139168455.gif

post-1104-1139168544_thumb.jpg

I set up the environmental variable MSVCDir as D:\Visual_Studio .NET_2003\Vc7\include ,

24438[/snapback]

I think MSVCDir has to be set to the root of your MSVC install. Do you have $TOOLROOT defined? I think it should be set to the same thing... if not try setting it to just D:/Visual_Studio .NET_2003/Vc7 (without the include).

George.

Hi There..it is me again...I got the environment to work, (Thank you again for suggestions) ,now when I try to compile some of the sample_install.sh

it gives me a stream of errors mainly related to syntax (errors) like missing ; before identifiers etc.

I added an image of the erros ( in spanish, but the error numbers may guide you... hopefully..

I am sure it has to do with the compiler settings and I spect the code to be right...isn't it?

Any suggestions?..

Thank you for your support.

post-1104-1139231921_thumb.jpg

HELLO Guys...

As Stephen Hawking once said: " ...I worked it out..."

yes !! it is up,running and compiling...Rock'nroll baby...

problem was :having set up the development environment ( compiler global variables), once I spawned the cygwin shell it automatically initialises the Houdini environment ( by using the snippet of code I found in http://www.odforce.net/wiki/index.php/HDKF...yAskedQuestions suggested by edward) my error was I was trying to compile by typing: hcustom sample-install.sh, but since the Houdini environment is already initialised all you need is to type: sample_install.sh and VOILA .........

it compiles happily ever after...

Thanks for your help.. I am sure I will hassle you about all this in the future, don you worry...

Cheers..

Mauricio.

post-1104-1139235538_thumb.jpg