Houdini And Choosing Network Card

Are you unable to run Houdini when you're not using your wireless card? I believe you should still be able to.

If you specified standalone mode when installing for the first time, it doesn't matter whether the wireless or ethernet card is active. Maybe try launching the License Administrator & set it to Standalone mode.

I hope the above works. :)

Cheers!

steven

Hey guys. :) Thnx for the reply. It is a built in WLAN card and I was fiddling around with the hardware and also changing MAC adress so thats how I stumbled upon the issue. This is my solution. I installed two licenses one for the wireless and one for the other. Houdini seems to prioritize the wireless card. The problem there is that if I go to http://license.sidefx.com/get_nc_license.php while being online I get the server code from the WLAN card so I first have to deactivate it and let the license administrator look for the LAN card. I did not think of it first and its no problem really though it would be easier if I could redirect Houdini to allways use one specific card.

cheers :)