Dynamic Wire On Object

meerkat

You were very close The problem is that the goalpoint attribute should be -1 at all the points of the hair except the one you want to anchor. For that point, the value of the attribute should be the index of the point you want to anchor to, on the goal geometry. Confusing, I know, but in your example, trivial to fix - just reverse the Value and Default fields in the attributecreate SOP.

deforming_sphere_wire_fix.hip

is there a way of re-cooking the dop net withought going into dops and pressing the re-cook button?

25884[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean. Why would you need to recook it if you weren't in there changing any values?

On the other hand, on the dopnet tile, there is a parameter tab labeled Simulation, and that has a "Recook Simulation" button on it - does that do what you need?

Why would you need to recook it if you weren't in there changing any values?

i need to reecook because when i animate my character some of the wires mess up abit when i rewind and press play and need to be reecooked until they are good.

i think the recook simulation button on the dopnet is just what i need. thanks

how would i go about making a wire more floppy towards the tip and more sturdy but not completely rigid at the root?

26130[/snapback]

When you create your wire(s), you should add an attribute to them (using the createattribute SOP) that is called kangular. Set this to a value that represents the "resistance to bending" that you want - 0 means no resistance, and numbers around 10 mean very resistant. You'll have to experiment to get the exact values you want, but basically, using something like a point SOP, you set the kangular value to lower numbers near the tip and higher numbers near the base.

wireAttributes.hip