Timeshift not retaining color value for scatter node

Hello, 

Small problem this morning. I have a flower in Houdini that's been cached out as a .bgeo file. The flower opens and is supposed to emit particles, which I'm controlling the location of emission with a paint node and a timeshift after that. Just following the tutorial, as you do. After the timeshift is a scatter with the Density Attribute set to Cd and after the scatter an Attribute Interpolate node so I can put the points back onto the moving petals to get a velocity from the points to emit water and so on. The problem is that the color value from the paint doesn't stick to the moving bgeo geometry and when the frame moves will break up the color, thus scattering the particles in a new way on every frame. Even a quick copy paste from his .hip file to mine doesn't work after I change the paint node to fit my geometry. Every value is the same and I'm confused. Is there a better or any other way to lock color values onto a cached bgeo file?

Flower_nodes.PNG

Hey me from the past, 

I'm going to kill this post now that's its been solved but it was a problem with how I saved out my .bgeo. The paint node needs dedicated point numbers to "stick" to the pedals. Creating a vbdfrompoly node and converting that back to polygons to cache out was where I went wrong as it doesn't save the point numbers when converted like that. So word of the wise, preserve the values that you need later before you move onto the next step in the process. 

Best regards,

Me

BuildGEO.PNG