add vs copy source volume

logix1390

Hello,

So I have a slow  moving sphere animated across the screen then I set it on fire

Now I noticed that if I visualize the fuel, the fuel obviously gets trailed behind since it is moving and the source volume is set to "Add". Makes sense. 

However, this is a problem for me since I didn't want a trail of fuel igniting more fire..I want the fire to stick to the object perfectly. So I brought the Fuel inefficiency to 0 which helped but did not solve the problem 100%.

The problem was solved when I turned my source volume to "copy" . so now the fuel is not added every frame and no ugly trail. 

However, this changes my whole simulation..I now have to add in 4 times more fuel, I have to add more temperature which means I have to change my shape settings etc etc. 

My question is if there is a way to get rid of the fuel trail like how "copy" does it, but still have the source volume set to "add"??

Would appreciate any insight on this. 

I will attach a scene file for anyone that wants to have a better idea on what I am saying.

thank you

add_vs_copy.hip

Edited by logix1390