Flock/Boids Help/Question

Hey Guys,

I am trying to learn how to create a flock or boid system and going through the CMIVFX Tutorial about it.  I realize it is a bit out of date at this point but I wasn't finding a lot of tutorial stuff on boids and flocking.   In my file it seems like the forces are working correctly individually but when it gets to the steering part of combining the forces it seems like something is messing up.  The flocking points should move towards the arrival/attraction point while trying to avoid each other but instead they head towards it and just keep on going.  My guess is that the forces are overwriting each other, possibly due to the steerCount attribute.  I am not sure what is going wrong though to cause that.  In the tutorial they use the import() function which I found was deprecated now, so I used the pointattrib() function instead to get the attrib.  So either that is the wrong substitution for it or it's some small thing I am missing between the versions that is not working like I think it is but I am still learning Houdini at an intermediate level.  I also tried messing with the priority value but the tutorial still has both set at 1.  I have attached the file to jump into and labeled in the VEX where the import() functions were used.  I hope it is easy to tell what is going on in the file.   Thank you in advace for any help/advice you can give.

flockTutorial_v001.hip