HELP_Crash when using menu python script in digital asset

Hi , I am building currently building an HDA with an important interface (lots of tabs and multiParm list inside multiParm list .. ) so I wanted to use python in "Menu Script" to list a string array stored in the detail attribute to populate on of my ordered menu, after I finally got it to work on a null to experiment then I tried to replace my previous ordered menu with manually typed string with the new one using python script and houdini crashes each time I try. What's weird is that I am able to read the channel and access the value with no problem outside the HDA. Does anyone knows why this is happening, am I missing something here ?

Edit :  It seems that when I try to return the string inside the HDA, it gives me -1, but even if I just print that value, houdini still crashes and why it return that value only inside the HDA ? Also when I enable "Use Menu Item Token as Value" I am able to return the corresponding ID of my selection without crash, but I want the string value of course.

The python script I use :

node = hou.pwd()
geo = node.geometry()

menu = []
data_list = geo.stringListAttribValue("data_list")

for data in data_list:
    menu.append(data)
    menu.append(data)

return menu

Edited by gache