Gsculpt V0.99.6 Released (linux+win32) - Modeller

MrMeanie

Hi,

gSculpt v0.99.6-alpha has been released. The new version includes a layer system that allows models to be visible in the background, and an OBJ exporter.

Due to the presence of the new OBJ exporter, gSculpt is potentially useful now.

It is available in source code form for Linux, and binary form for Windows at:

http://gsculpt.sourceforge.net

It is still in the alpha stages, so early days yet.

If you decide to try it, please mail me any feedback with respect to your experience with running it.

- MrMeanie

gSculpt is an open source, procedural 3D polygon modeller, offerring a comprehensive set of polygon mesh editing tools, similar to those found in Wings3D. Its procedural nature (the operations required to build a model from scratch are accessible in a list) means that it should be pretty good for making modelling tutorials, as you can scan through the construction procedure, while viewing the model from any angle.

Sounds good, I'll try it out some time. (Will there be a static binary release in the future as well?)

gSculpt is an open source, procedural 3D polygon modeller, offerring a comprehensive set of polygon mesh editing tools, similar to those found in Wings3D. Its procedural nature (the operations required to build a model from scratch are accessible in a list) means that it should be pretty good for making modelling tutorials, as you can scan through the construction procedure, while viewing the model from any angle.

26792[/snapback]

I don't think you had to explain that in a Houdini forum! :P