Houdini and UE4 procedural cave tool and breakdown on Gumroad

Vexosaur

• 1 year later...

Hi and thanks for making this amazing tool! I just purchased it today and I'm having a lot of fun playing with it, however, I'm having collision issues in unreal engine. I created a First Person project to test it with and when I place the character inside the cave and press play the character is immediately pushed out of the cave. I've watched both of your videos but don't recall any mention of dealing with collisions in UE4. I've played with the collision tolerance settings that are built into the tool but I'm not having any luck. I'll keep poking around but if you have any quick tips I would greatly appreciate it. 

Cheers!

UPDATE: I got it to work out just fine with a third person template and it's awesome! Still not sure what the hang up was on my first test project but oh well. Thanks so much for this tool!

Edited by explosivo
Update

On 05/09/2019 at 8:26 AM, explosivo said:

Hi and thanks for making this amazing tool! I just purchased it today and I'm having a lot of fun playing with it, however, I'm having collision issues in unreal engine. I created a First Person project to test it with and when I place the character inside the cave and press play the character is immediately pushed out of the cave. I've watched both of your videos but don't recall any mention of dealing with collisions in UE4. I've played with the collision tolerance settings that are built into the tool but I'm not having any luck. I'll keep poking around but if you have any quick tips I would greatly appreciate it. 

Cheers!

UPDATE: I got it to work out just fine with a third person template and it's awesome! Still not sure what the hang up was on my first test project but oh well. Thanks so much for this tool!

Weird, not sure what would cause that.  

Thank you, glad you are finding it useful.

• 6 months later...
16 hours ago, Roozy said:

Hi there.

Do I have access to the graph,in case I need to go in it and do some tweaking for my own needs?

Yes, it's just a regular HDA that you can allow editing of contents on

• 10 months later...

Hi! I am loading this HDA under 18.5, installing it, applying some modifications. How do I save it back to HDA properly?

No matter what I try, when I load it inside Unreal, all parameters are destroyed, and only top obj level parameters are accessible. Also, when saving HDA, I get this all the time:

hoidinierror.png

4 hours ago, RyuMaster said:

Hi! I am loading this HDA under 18.5, installing it, applying some modifications. How do I save it back to HDA properly?

No matter what I try, when I load it inside Unreal, all parameters are destroyed, and only top obj level parameters are accessible. Also, when saving HDA, I get this all the time:

hoidinierror.png

What license of Houdini are you using?