Access NodeA-Paramter in NodeB

Hello everyone,

as newbie I'm quite hyped by the sheer amount of awesome, that Houdini can do. I wonder however if it is possible to have a Parameter (say sizex of node A) of a node accessible in another node (Node B). I do know, that I could create new parameters via the "Edit parameter interface" in Node B and couple the newly created parameter with the desired one from node A. But I don't want a new paramter driving the old one.

Beside it being tedious (if you want to have all the controlling paramters from a complete digital asset in one "Control null"-Node for instance) it just is prone to making errors in naming, limiting and so on.

So question again - can I somehow "forward" a parameter to another node to make it 1:1 accessible there?

Thank you ever so much <3

Fiercon

EDIT: OK. I found out, that I can Subnet all the nodes I want Parameters from and can propagate them to the Subnet node. Is that the only way to "collect" paramters without creating "stand ins"?

Edited by Fiercon

I think I have an idea of what you're trying to do, but having sort of a hard time understanding your terminology. Could you post quick hip with an example of what you're trying to do ?

Otherwise, if you're trying to link parameters 1:1, you want to right click the parameter, and select "copy parameter". then in the destination parameter right click and again do "paste relative references". This will make the parameter drive the other one.