Houdini Tool Pipeline Issue

chrisdunham95

Hey I'm trying to setup a tool pipeline, and currently running into a issue. 

I have a batch script which fetches a Houdini.env file from a project folder, places it into the Users Houdini folder and then starts Houdini. This works so far. 

I am using HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH in the env file to set the otl folder to a folder which is updated with the project. 

When I run the batch it opens Houdini, but the tools I expect to be present are not. (And some random default Houdini things have broken, such as the pyro solver?! [invalid node type] ) 

When I type hconfig in the shell I get all the env variables I'm setting and says its setting the OTLSCAN_PATH correctly. 

I have seen a post on the sidefx forums regarding using HOUDINI_PATH and HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH together, from what I read OTLSCAN_PATH does not work if HOUDINI_PATH is present. 

But if I remove my HOUDINI_PATH line within my env variable Houdini wont open at all and errors giving a Colour.ui type error. 

Here are my env variable settings also; 

HOUDINI_NO_SPLASH = 1

HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = %projectfolder%\tools\Houdini_Test\otls

HOUDINI_PATH = PATH_TO_YOUR\GameDevelopmentToolset;&

# GAME DEVELOPMENT TOOLSET
HOUDINI_PATH = $APPDATA\SideFX\GameDevToolset\1.15\Stable;&

JOB = D:/Development/Houdini

HOUDINI_HIP_DEFAULT_NAME = $JOB/hip/untitled.hip
HOUDINI_TEMP_DIR = $JOB/hip/temp

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated as I have little experience with this and spent a lot of time googling with no real understanding/success. 

Thanks
:)

Edited by chrisdunham95

32 minutes ago, chrisdunham95 said:

Here are my env variable settings also; 

HOUDINI_NO_SPLASH = 1

HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = %projectfolder%\tools\Houdini_Test\otls

HOUDINI_PATH = PATH_TO_YOUR\GameDevelopmentToolset;&

# GAME DEVELOPMENT TOOLSET
HOUDINI_PATH = $APPDATA\SideFX\GameDevToolset\1.15\Stable;&

JOB = D:/Development/Houdini

HOUDINI_HIP_DEFAULT_NAME = $JOB/hip/untitled.hip
HOUDINI_TEMP_DIR = $JOB/hip/temp

So after some tweaking and more googling I seem to have it working by removing the OTLSCAN_PATH 

and adding another HOUDINI_PATH = %projectfolder%\tools\Houdini_Test\otls;& 

My tools are now present and things such as the pyro solver are no longer broken :)

So actually on closer inspection it isn't taking the tools from my project folder, sooo not fixed 

Edited by chrisdunham95

So ive moved my gamedevtoolset stuff into the project folder I'm setting my Houdini path too - which fixes having to reference that via Houdini Path too. 

Hconfig in the shell shows HOUDINI_PATH is now set correctly but it still isn't retrieving the tools from their... 

- So my batch is running setting HOUDINI_PATH correctly according to the shell using hconfig. But still not bringing in my otls etc. Just seems to be using the default documents/Houdini_16.5/ stuff.  As from what ive read this should work with no issues? 

Edited by chrisdunham95