Culling w/ Houdini Engine in Maya.

Hi everyone.

I've made a little OTL that culls out some packed geometry based on a given bounding box, however it doesn't work in Maya.
It simply doesn't show anything at all, as soon as I set the output to be either the VOP used for culling or Wrangle.

I cannot use Group SOP and delete afterwards, as it cannot group the geometry given from Maya.

Unfortunately I cannot share anything, as it's at work.
However, I just wanted to hear if anyone of you have experienced the same thing, and if so how to deal with it?

I'm packing the geometry from Maya based on a attribute, then culling out the pieces with a bounding box converted to a volume and then sample if each piece is within the volume.

Cheers,
Jonas

Sounds like it could be a very handy HDA.   A couple of things to keep in mind.  Houdini units are not the same as Maya units by default.  Be sure to make sure the settings are not set out of scale.  Also, you may want to try culling based on the bounds of a delete node instead is using vex or vops.  

Regarding size that shouldn't be a problem as all geometry used (pieces to cull and bbox) is from Maya, so size would be the same.

As far as I've read there's some grouping restrictions.

I use vex to sample the bbox volume based on the position from the pieces. It works like a charm in Houdini, and is fast. But I simply do not get anything back in Maya.

I'll be more than happy to share the HDA once it's working as intended.