Pushing Thru a bundle of wires

christianl013

Hi Guys, I have a ball of yarn I made with curves. I need a poly sphere to push through this ball of yarn from the inside moving out and have the ball of yarn return back to it original state (form). I tried the ray sop but the points snap back into place and do not move smoothly across the surface of the sphere. I have only been using Houdini for a year now so I am still a bit of a noob and I am not sure if there is a way to solve this with sops as opposed to wire solvers. I am not that familiar with wire solvers as of yet and I am not afraid to dive in but I am on a bit of a deadline so I am trying to get a jump start here on which direction I should go on this that will get me there the fastest. 

I have looked at alot of things on the net but I have not been able to find any solutions on how to achieve this effect. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how I should go about doing this? 

Thanks alot. 

Cheers, Christian