Monitor setup for Houdini/compositing

Pancho

So far I always used two 24" 1.920x1.200 screens for my work. Both monitors where hardware calibrated.

An Eizo screen with 1920x1200 (24") or 2560x1440 (27") is around 1.200-1.800€. There's also a UHD (24") at 2.200€, but with an active cooler (fan) which doesn't seem to be silent . All not cheap, but all hardware color calibrated.

THe Eizo UHD screens (31") which can be hardware calibrated are above 4.500€. For a monitor, especially a dual monitor set up far too much.

I wonder whether something like an UHD (31") Eizo EcoView with a color profile would come close to a hardware calibrated monitor. Would two 31" screens be too large? Is 27" the way to go? What about 40" or 55"? Anybody using any of these? A wall mounted 55" screen could eliminate a huge desk, since a mouse, keyboard and 3dconnexion would require only a very small table (if at all). What would be the drawback of a huge screen?

Any input highly appreciated!

Cheers
Tom

I did have a look yesterday at OLED TVs in 55 and 65". That's far beyond anything I could imagine, compared to what I'm used to. Though I did read that OLEDs would have a limited life span and tend to burn in. So I guess running Houdini for endless hours could leave some marks on this kind of screen. Don't know whether this is true or not. And then there is a lag of a few ms, compared to smaller monitors.

I guess glasses ala Oculus Rift aren't no option yet. Would have hope for a new approach instead of going with two regular screens again. : )