markmulli

Another Expression question :)

Ths first clue of a problem I noticed was that when I went to frame 1, the Line SOP showed that it had created 30 points, not 1 point as I had expected. After from head scratching, I looked at the stretch1 chop and noticed that the Units (Common tab) was set to "Seconds", not "Frames"! Once I changed this, playback works fine. (Houdini 5.5.36 Apprentice on Windows XP)

Since the line was actually generating 30 times more points than you had samples, it's sort of unknown as to what happens to the Channel SOP. In the help popup, it specifically says that there should be more samples than points. To me, it looks like it's actually somehow stretching out the undersampled chop data to the entire range of points.

Thanks for taking a look at my problem dante. i changed the "units" in the common tab from secconds to frames and also tried samples but this did not improve the situation. maybe there is something i left out. could you please send me your file?

thanks,

Mark

Really, that's all I did. I went to the /ch/ch1/stretch1 parameters, and changed the Units from Seconds to Frames and the viewport instantly updated for me. The only other difference is that I also made my desktop so that I could see both the SOP viewer and the CHOP viewer at the same time. I reset it to frame 1 and hit play.