Ocean Wave Tank Render Artifacts

Hey there, I'm rendering an ocean wave tank that I setup via shelf tools and I'm getting very strange artifacts in my renders at various frames. Sometimes the tank completely disappears and I'm not sure why. There will also be jagged shards of geo popping up ever now and then and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I don't know if there's some discrepancy between the size of my bounding boxes which is causing this odd behavior. If anyone has time to take a look I'd really appreciate it!

ocean_js.zrender_example.thumb.jpg.264cda436d53a8415f5edc755f3d647c.jpgip

Edited by jasonsmart

Hey Jason!

Some of the artifacts are a known problem, the tank disappearing issue i have found happens when you have something colliding with the bottom of your tank. The only solution to that we use in our pipeline is to extend the tank further down when this is the case as we have been able to reproduce the same issue after some R&D trying to figure it out. the surface jitters is a combination of the smoothing and a few other things.

Will try download and go through your file when i have a gap and try explain some more.

• Thanks 1