Houdini RDB Simulation Setup

RenderKick

Hi Odforce members,

I have a fairly simple (I hope) Houdini simulation project setup I need tackling by an experienced Houdini artist/TD.

This is a paid project at US/UK rates.

I'm an experienced 3D animator but a novice Houdini user and I need to outsource this part of a project I'm working on due the fairly unique use case (at least to me) of the simulation setup I need for this particular project.

Essentially, I need a .hip network that spawns pre-fractured RBDs, that break into fractured pieces only when contacting specific animated geometry i.e. a grinding screen, high rpm pulverizer etc

The deliverable would be a houdini indie .hip file I can plug 2 alembic sequences into. One for the passive bodies / sim container. The other for the active bodies that will shatter the spawned RBDs on contact.

Ideally I could also set a starting velocity for the RBDs, other than default gravity, but that would be an extension goal.

As far as I can tell, such setups are possible to achieve and I have been able to find and modify the example .hip attached to this message.

I'm looking for basically the same behavior you see when the particles hit the ground plane in the .hip file. The particles don't shatter when they collide with each other, but they do when they hit the ground.

As understand it, it's setup in this file so each spawned particle is a pre-fractured RBD sphere, with some kind of glue force holding the pieces together until another object in the sim impacts the particle at a velocity high enough to cause the glue forces to break.

Ideally I'm looking for the glue forces to break only when contacting specific geometry. However if this is technically un-achievable (please feel free to advise), I'd need a global attribute / input clearly shown in the top level node graph that would allow me to control the velocity setting / threshold to trigger the shattering.

The pre-fractured RBD should be no more than 8 total objects, to keep the sim time as low as possible. I'm also not looking for you to run the sim as I'll need to tweak the settings as needed.

If you think this is something you'd be able to tackle, please send a quote to adam@renderkick.co.uk

If you are able to send me a screen capture of the working setup before payment is made that would be preferred (don't worry you can keep your node graph hidden! I'm not looking to rip anyone off!).

I'm working to a pretty tight deadline, so I'd need the files delivering no later than Thursday 14th March.

Hope to hear back from some of you soon.

Thanks

Adam

fracture_test_v3.hipnc