Pyro Continue Sim from frame XX (different to 0) - gas upres solver

federico88

Hello im new to the community, 

Im trying to up res a fire simulation. I have a mid res sim from 0 to 112 frames and i want to render from 71 till 112 as the up res sim was cut due to no sufficient ram or something. 

My question is how do i continue the upres calculations from 71 to 112 without having to calculate all 0 to 71 frames... is that possible? or do i need just to write a file node from 71 to 112 and wait to load all 71 frames ?

As there is a low res base i would suppouse i can continue from 71 without having to recalculate everything..?? 

Thanks in advance!

you would have to set your sim startframe to 71, and copy all the fields from frame 71 as your initial frame.
The smoke object has an initial data tab where you can set density/temperature/fuel/velocity, you'll need to add heat also.
you can use a sopsolver or a volumeWrangle for example.

Edited by bunker

Cool, but the inital data tab needs to sample the high res sim or the low res base? Cause the high res i have till frame 71 just contains heat density and temperature. I dont have velocity, or fuel.

Should i bring the low res (Frame 71) with a file node and isolate the fields and then link them to the inital data tab? And could you further explain how do i connect the sopvoler (with heat) to the pyro ?? 

Thanks for the help,

Edited by federico88

Thanks for the help bunker,

I got confused on getting the heat channel to continue from the initial state field (the other ones were fine), but in the end i lowered the res a bit re simed from frame 0 and it came through, 

cheers

Edited by federico88