Looking for Design help - 3D (environment) Production Pipeline for Virtual Reality Training

Andretti

Hello everyone,

My name is André and I’m researching how to design a 3D (environment) Production Pipeline for Virtual Reality training.

The goal is to have a pipeline that would allow us to build training environments as efficiently as possible. Due to the nature of the training, our environments are relatively small max 200m x 200m.
Our team is small 3-6 people but can change depending on the project. I'm especially interested in Houdini3D integration in the Pipeline for generating procedural assets.

Online I've done quite some research but don't find much information about this topic in detail. Lots of examples of output but not the actual production process.

I need some help with designing our pipeline. Love the GDC talk by Insomniac about procedural generation in Marvel's Spider-Man (see video below). Gives some great insights but would love to learn how to do this on a small (indie) scale. Could you share your Production Pipeline in a diagram? What do you produce with Houdini and what do you produce with other tools? Would love to learn about how you developed your pipeline and why you made certain choices.