Vellum hair - custom attribute for bendstiffness

Tomasz Dabert

Hello!

I have a problem with feed the animated custom attribute for the vellum hair simulation. I would like to animate the bendstiffness but nothing seem to make it work in the simulation. I am using the sopSolver to transfer the attribute and the simulation outputs the correct values but does not use them within the sim. Did any of you had a similar problem? I am attaching my hip file if someone would like to inspect it. 

Thanks!

Tomasz

FurSetups_v002.hiplc

Not quite sure what effect you're going for, so I may be completely minsunderstanding your setup but it looks like i) your limpHair attribute was a point attribute which really needed to be on the constraint primitives and ii) your Sop Solver was not acting on the Constraint Geometry (and also not really transferring the limpHair attribute over to stiffness. I've changed all of that so at least you get a 'reaction' to your growing @wet attribute. As I said, may not be what you were after..

FurSetups_v003.hipnc

• Thanks 1