Vellum - Dynamic constraint stream

BiZz

Hey all,

I've tried searching the forum and the internet at large, but couldn't find an answer to this. Apologies if it has been asked before.

I'm trying to create a constant stream of constrained vellum grains.

Continuous emission with Vellum constraints (each frame/step) just explodes, and adding the constraints through a SOP solver made Houdini unstable..

Does anyone have any idea how to go about doing this? I'd appreciate any tips you could share.

Please see a simple scene with the issue.

Thanks!

vellumConStream.hipnc

Hi BiZz, 

Vellum constraints can be very tricky and you can run into all sorts of problems setting up custom ones outside of the vellum constraint nodes when you are in DOPs. 

I gave you problem a go myself using a couple of wrangles and I managed to get a stable result working. For a longer explanation and a hip file is on my blog: 

https://zybrand.xyz/vellumcontinuous-emit-with-dynamic-constraints#more-324

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zybrand said:

Hi BiZz, 

Vellum constraints can be very tricky and you can run into all sorts of problems setting up custom ones outside of the vellum constraint nodes when you are in DOPs. 

I gave you problem a go myself using a couple of wrangles and I managed to get a stable result working. For a longer explanation and a hip file is on my blog: 

https://zybrand.xyz/vellumcontinuous-emit-with-dynamic-constraints#more-324

That's brilliant, couldn't have asked for a better example!

Thank you!