Controlling pop fluid adhesion force with gradient

hmihalis1

Hi there, 

I have what I'm hoping is a simple thing for someone with a little vex knowledge. I'm trying to adapt the adhesion force in the condensation shelf tool to be driven by a gradient or noise on the mesh instead of applying the same amount of adhesion force all over the mesh. 

I have made a custom attribute called 'friction' with a gradient and some noise,  clamped the values between zero and one and exported it: 

postimage1.thumb.JPG.7ec26a880f397c5fd8571eccd11ecc27.JPG 

Unfortunately I am not nearly clever enough to understand how to adapt the VEX in the DOP Network to take this into consideration: 

postimage2.thumb.jpg.8a62fb58821b75bc1564e7a1cb5e35be.jpg

Right now the particles that hit the floor get pulled back up to its neck. Ideally I would like the this friction attribute to remap whatever value is entered in "strength" so that in the red sections adhesion force is whatever is entered there, scaling to zero as it approaches the black. 

Been struggling with this for awhile but vex is a real wall for me so would really, really appreciate it if someone could be so kind as to help me out here :) 

Thanks!

H

friction-adhesion01.hipnc

Edited by hmihalis1

Hello there!!!

Ive checked your file and I dont think this will be possible with the Geometry too close to the ground. It'll happen only if the DistanceVolumeSample is more than the Threshold value that is rdist.

I recommend using the color attribute intead than using the volumesample. You can create friction force towards the surface that can behave like Gravity but a bit less or it'll never fall. As soon as it gets closer to the Black areas then the effect will go off and it'll free fall.

You can use the length of the color attribs to specify the strength. Kinda like.... Closer the Particles are to the surface more they are attracted and further away they fall.

This is what I think. Hope it helps....