Efficient workflow using Flip fluids

Hi!

I'm pretty new to Houdini but am really interested in using it to form the basis of an sculpture/design tool for real world object creation.
I've been working through the amazing tutorials/files of Ben Watts and recently Dave Stewart but have hit a road block.

Using Dave Stewart's .hipnc file,  I'm dripping a liquid (wax) which hardens on impact with a static object, the emitter activates moves and deactivates every 48 frames but currently I can't get past 5 drips before the sim starts nearly doubling in time per frame. (granted I'm using a 2018 15" Macbook Pro which I'm looking to add an egpu)
Frame 190: 5min
Frame 200: 10mins
Frame 210: 30mins
Frame 220: 120mins

My question is can I 'freeze' each of the drops so they're not being calculated every time? So once each droplet hits the static object it becomes a static object itself.
Ultimately I'm wanting to create hundreds of droplets much like a stalactite but at this rate it might be faster to do it for real  :|

Dave's link below:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B4ni3j-ZLbj5Y1o4NEdqZDczZjA

Many thanks in advance
Simon