How to connect geo to multiple paths

Kronja

Hi Davor,

An easy way to do this is to use the "copytopoints" node to copy the arrows to points on the curve. You can create these with the carve node. You have to create an "N" and "up" attribute to give the arrows the correct rotation. I've made the changes to your hip file.

If you have further questions let me know :)

All the best,

Luca

arrows2Fixed.hiplc

• Like 1

Hello Luca,

thanks. It was so easy. Worst part is, I knew that... just my way of houdini thinking is still in infant phase.

Except this last step, would you say my previous setup is ok? In the studio where I work, I am only houdini guy, so I cant get any constructive criticism.

Hi Davor,

I would say that in Houdini there isn't necessarily a wrong or right way to do things. It really depends on how you want to work.

I for example like to keep most of my setups in one sop network per effect or object as long as possible/as long it makes logically sense to not separate it, since it is often more clear/faster for other artists to pick up on what you built. 

So that being said, I think you file was setup pretty usable and it was easy to understand what you did :) (Maybe you could put in another switch node instead of the two OUT Nulls in the path geo to switch paths more easily, but again it depends on how you want your setup to work.)

Cheers,

Luca