Heightfields

HopperAE

Hey there!

Okay so I have got a grasp of how a heightfield works but what I am trying to do is confusing me. 

I have the sole of a shoe and on one surface I want it to have the heightfield on. How do I merge the heightfield with the surface? I have used the project node but I still get the square. 

I also used attributes from volume and then a point wrangle to transfer the height to the Y position but It affects the whole of the geo. 

I need help! 

Mountain_Duality_Sole.hip

2 hours ago, HopperAE said:

Hey there!

Okay so I have got a grasp of how a heightfield works but what I am trying to do is confusing me. 

I have the sole of a shoe and on one surface I want it to have the heightfield on. How do I merge the heightfield with the surface? I have used the project node but I still get the square. 

I also used attributes from volume and then a point wrangle to transfer the height to the Y position but It affects the whole of the geo. 

I need help! 

Mountain_Duality_Sole.hip

Hi Andrew,

Could you repost your hip file, with a stash sop after your file node (and stash input before saving of course), or just freezing your file node so that we can understand what you are doing ?

Without the geo, it is hard to help you...

Hey,

Not sure I understood completely what you wanted to achieve, so here is a file with my interpretation :-)

It would probably requires the mountain to fade around the border of the sole to have a better integration.

I have used Boolean to achieve this. I let you play with it.

Hope this helps

Mountain_Duality_Sole_help_v2.hip