celd

flip exploding around collision bound

Hi, I am summoning all of you flip gods! In the images you can see the flip explodes upwards for no apparent reason, this seems to happen along the boundary of the collision object. I am using guided ocean layer setup. The collisions otherwise behave correctly.

I have tried high res sim, low res sim, changing grid resolution, changing collision geometry (submarine model, simple scaled sphere), deforming collision geometry, object transform collision geometry, zeroing out collisiovel field, high resolution collision vdb, low resolution vdb, playing around with depth of the guided ocean layer, different amount of substeps(both flip solver and autodop), reseeding settings, changing integrator types in the flip solver and probably more...

Quite frankly I am at my wits end and I wonder if anyone has ever seen this kind of a problem and if there is a solution to it. I would also like to avoid making the boundary layer exceedingly deep, as this would most likely kill all the detail. I have attached a simplified hip file where this problem occurs.

Thank you

exploding_water_problem_v1.hip

waterproblem1.jpg

waterproblem2.jpg

Edited by celd