Mapping animated noise into a circular direction

Hi guys,

I was trying what to map an animated noise which offset in x direction to in circular direction through VEX and attribute Vops.  Hopefully can get in offset and follow a spiral.

noise.jpg.86dfdc064c841b818edc6e1fdb4e493f.jpgnoise2.jpg.fd3f42dbbc1f6f3bccd3f315dc7881a3.jpg

Let's say the x and y are equals to u and v ranging from 0 to 1.  The u value represents the angle in polar coordinate and the v value represents the radius.  I tried to do that in VEX but results in something below.

What's wrong with my code?

5dabb5ea6e523_wrongnoise.png.de22ad97f5fe3f42ab8e2f4033abb617.pngvexcode.png.51c45fa37a5e5cf365755673b9879482.png

Here is a code I found written in matlab which might be helpful.  This guy exactly what I want to do.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7580623/how-to-change-an-image-from-cartesian-to-polar-coordinates-in-matlab

The reason I want to do that is that I am doing a tornado sim, where the big funnel cloud needs to has some variety on the density. The cloud looks like it has a swimming texture on it, So having this circular/ spiral noise would help a lot and save simulation time!

Any alternatives are welcome! Many thanks!

circularNoise.02.hipnc

Edited by eat ramen