Animated noise on guides or hair

agelosc

I just got into fur and hair in 17.5 and I'm wondering how would I go about having guides or hair animated with some noise on direction or bend with each guide as seed. I'm not looking to simulate hair as I have many characters with the same  fur and simulating would be too much. 

Ideally I would like to have each character with a different seed offset on the noise (I have a for loop and deforming the original guides on sop level using groomfetch etc) but maybe that's me getting ahead of myself. 

The guide process nodes don't seem to have an option for animating with noise so please let me know if you know if and how that would be possible. 

Thank you. 

Answering to myself in case someone is looking to do a similar thing.

As it turns out the guides are just polylines and can be modifed as such. I've added a UV Texture SOP on the points with Rows&Columns to get the UV parameter along the polylines and then this vex code on a point wrangle sop:

float freq = 30; // Noise Frequency
float phase = @Time * ch("phase"); // Noise Phase
float amp = 0.01; // Noise Amplitude

vector noise = noise(@P * freq + phase);
noise = fit01( noise, {-1,-1,-1}, {1,1,1} ) * amp;

@P+=noise * v@uv.x;

I've inserted these two nodes right after a Groom Fetch SOP because I needed to deform the guides on sop level but you may as well insert them before the GUIDES output inside the Guide Groom Geometry node. 

Hope this helps someone.