Trying to reach this fire effect, but...

juncho

Hi, I've been working on my first reel for my job and trying to make a tank fire scene.

So, here is the pyro reference. beautiful.

Z2tzKYG.gif.a12742ec2eb5e456f8cb6f3c9c642fa6.gif

(Reference)

and here is what i've done so far. It is particle sourced with many substeps on POP, and single substep on pyro DOP.

(Increasing pyro DOP substep made it look worse)

2019-11-23-01-37-22.thumb.gif.747bb477a4cb319cb7f090ea5165db1e.gif

dd.jpg.169497c3d766697a0fbd0e64faf432d1.jpg

< Smoke Object >

5dd81007a9d88_pyrosolver.jpg.c55113c5af112737481dafff703ffa4e.jpg

<Pyro solver>

<Plus, volume source such as fuel and temperature are all keyframed as well>

Short and immediate fire seems very difficult to me. Is it normal? 

Should I change my source? Particle driven pyro is very difficult to control. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you so much in advance and god bless.

fireball.hipnc

Edited by juncho

You can try gas repeat solver, which is a very good way to achieve the fast expansion pyro effects. Here are some information I think might help you.

Also, look at your reference, the fire die off like in 5 frames, it also has a very high cooling rate. If it's hard to get the fast cooling heat, another thought is only cache out density and velocity, and use that density as a fake heat source for your shader, something like f@heat = f@density * fit(@Frame, 1,5,1,0);

And this will just plug your density as a heat to your shader and die off in 5 frames.

Hope these information can help.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jimeng20 said:

You can try gas repeat solver, which is a very good way to achieve the fast expansion pyro effects. Here are some information I think might help you.

Also, look at your reference, the fire die off like in 5 frames, it also has a very high cooling rate. If it's hard to get the fast cooling heat, another thought is only cache out density and velocity, and use that density as a fake heat source for your shader, something like f@heat = f@density * fit(@Frame, 1,5,1,0);

And this will just plug your density as a heat to your shader and die off in 5 frames.

Hope these information can help.

Hey jimeng, thank you so much for helping me out.

This helped me a lot. Here is the improved version of pyro sim. I like it very much ;) 

谢谢! 

2019-11-23-17-15-01.thumb.gif.416edfee5ee36285f1483c578d33e908.gif

p.s. I also changed particle emitter from little sphere with big vel + variance to large sphere with very low velocity and low variance.

• Like 1