Deep Rasters To Open Exr

lisux

Hi all

I have been searcing in odforce and sidefx forum but I haven't seen the answer to my doubt.

In the actual Open EXR support in Houdini (8.X) it is possible to save several planes to one Open EXR file?

For example save the normal RGBA and the Pz to the same exr file?

How?

At the moment I am saving the Pz info to a separate file, this info is saved in the alpha channel, RGB is set to 0. Is there any way to save the Pz info in the R channel and generate an RGB file instead of a RGBA?

Thanks

Hi all

I have been searcing in odforce and sidefx forum but I haven't seen the answer to my doubt.

In the actual Open EXR support in Houdini (8.X) it is possible to save several planes to one Open EXR file?

For example save the normal RGBA and the Pz to the same exr file?

How?

At the moment I am saving the Pz info to a separate file, this info is saved in the alpha channel, RGB is set to 0. Is there any way to save the Pz info in the R channel and generate an RGB file instead of a RGBA?

Thanks

I am afraid houdini doesn't support multichannel OEXRs rather than RGBA. As for rendering PzGBA instead of RGBA - why not COP processing your render? I.e. first you create a normal mantra render Outout which renders your Pz in a separate file (as you normally do) then connect your output to a COP output, in the network of which you post-process the file and switch the channels and render everything into a new OEXR file (still XXXX format only, though). Then you simply hit the render button in COP Ooutput and BAM! - you get everyting processed and rendered.

Maybe you can render directly to COPs without saving a file, I am not sure about that.

Hope that helps.

I am afraid houdini doesn't support multichannel OEXRs rather than RGBA. As for rendering PzGBA instead of RGBA - why not COP processing your render? I.e. first you create a normal mantra render Outout which renders your Pz in a separate file (as you normally do) then connect your output to a COP output, in the network of which you post-process the file and switch the channels and render everything into a new OEXR file (still XXXX format only, though). Then you simply hit the render button in COP Ooutput and BAM! - you get everyting processed and rendered.

Maybe you can render directly to COPs without saving a file, I am not sure about that.

Hope that helps.

Thanks MADjestic.

Yes I can render directly to th COP and change the channels there but my problem stills, I want to have a more compact method to store all the info I need.

finally I am going to render P instead of Pz so I get the points info in RGB.

I hope that for future versions SESI will extend the same support that pic have to Open EXR.