Smooth Deform When Using Kinematics

Mohammad

Hello;

Please help me with polygon surfaces.

Q: i use Convert SOp to convert but i dont know how can i convert a Polygon surface to NURBS without having the problem in the picture?

i used a polygon sphere but the result is not what i want. how can i fix it?

Why am i asking this, because when i model using polygonal surfaces i cant smooth them.

I know smooth SOp but that doesent work because when i assign bones to them i can not deform them smoothly like NURBS. :(

I also know subdivide SOp but that doesent works for me(Bones). :(

I hop you understand what i mean. :)

Thank you so much.

Best Regards.

post-1389-1157396161_thumb.jpg

Sorry you can't convert arbitary polygon meshes to Nurbs. All you can do is what has happened in your image, every polygon has been converted into a seperate Nurbs patch.

Your best option is to have a low res polygon model - then deform - then subdivide. Thats how it works.

Either that or build your model as Nurbs from scratch, no quick fixes I'm afraid.... :(

hmm.. First of all thanks for the reply but do you know why do i want to convert poly to NURBS :unsure:

its because im trying to have a smooth deform when im using kinematics.

like when you use it on NURBS;

i render my scene in subdivision mode and i get the desire result and i also know subdivide SOp

But i looking for a smooth deform in the viweport(nonrender), you know for characters & lip sync specially

Is there any way to get a smooth DEFORM(kinematics not the model smoothnes) on polygons without rendering like maya subdivision surfaces?

Thank You "sibarrick".

Best Wishes.

No sorry, if the subdivide sop is not quick enough for you then no.

All I can suggest is that you make a group of your lips and delete everything that isn't the lips and then only subdivide that one part which will make it as quick as it can be - wether that is realtime will depend on the speed of your machine.

My only other suggestion would be to put down a cache sop after the subdivide then play through your animation once - second time you play it should be realtime. You'll have to manually clear the cache I think - but you could maybe make an alias to a have a keyboard shortcut for that....

Just ideas, unfortunately there is no single solution.

thanks, you know "sibarrick", what im looking for is to see a deformation on polygons without this mess, like maya's subdivision surfaces.

thats why i want to convert my final model to NURBs.

i dont want to render on each deformation to see my work in subd mode.

while Houdini doesn't have a subdivision surfaces, i want to try to model with NURBs from the begining.

i dont have a problem for real time play back, is just that i want to have a smooth deform with bones. thats a big problem for me.

now what do you recommend for character modeling in Houdini?

Thank You.

Best Regards.

post-1389-1157468690_thumb.jpg

Mohammad,

Spencer's right, it looks like you haven't captured your weights correctly so there are polys not being affected by the bone rotations which is why it appears to break. Read up about the Capture Geometry OP. I tried a really quick version of what I could see in your image using the Proximity method in the Capture Geometry OP and it takes 2 mins to set up. See attached.

John

rig.hip