How do Mantra lights know which light shader to use?

I can dive into the light and see the hlight OP, and I see the relevant SOPs but I don't see where the light shader is wired up.  I can also expose the hidden render parameter for light shader but that just gives me a blank field.  How does a light know which light shader to use?

Also, are there any differences between light shaders between H8/H9 approaches?  I am mostly concerned with PBR backend.  I see in $HH/Vex/Light there are some light shaders assigning to the Cl variable but I'm not sure if that is specific to raytracing backend or if it applies to both raytracing backend and PBR backend.

I think SOHO assigns the shader based on the renderer and the light properties, that allows Light Object to be the same and still support multiple renderers and shaders

this is done using SOHO light wranglers, for example this one is for standard light for Mantra, there is more for other lights like env, indirect, ...

$HFS/houdini/soho/python2.7/wranglers/HoudiniLightIFD.py