Ubuntu

lavitz01

I have been working with Ubuntu 18 and no issues. I did a clean install with these partitions on my 1TB NVME2 m.2. I want to make my 1TB nvme my Ubuntu partition. When i did the clean install with these partitions i ran into some issues. not sure if it a hardware issue or what. When i got to the desktop the first time without needing a PW or having to log in no issues just that the app/software store was saying snap was missing when i tried to click install for things like VLC OBS or visual studio. i did a reboot and this time it would require a PW. when i enter my PW correctly, it take me back to the screen where i need to click on the user and enter PW again. i did this 10-15 times and no luck. never ran into this with Ubuntu 18. not sure what the problem is. maybe you can advise if my partitions are off, if i need to create them in gpart or if i should leave it up to the installer to make the partitions. Maybe i only create the swap and thats the only one then install. or maybe i only have root on the NVME and the rest on a HDD like swap and /tmp to make the nvme last longer since it will contain my houdini files for fast read and write speeds. what do you advise and how can i fix the problem?

/root 30GB physical ex4

Swap 64GB logical 

/root/var 30GB logical ex4

/boot 2048 MB logical ex4

/tmp 64GB logical ex4

/home rest of the space think 820GB logical ex4

system:

128GB ddr4 3000

ryzen 1980x 3.6ghz

kraken x62 liquid cooling

x2 Nvidia GTX 1080 TI hybrid

1000 Watt PSU