Vellum Output Mesh

v1zsla

Hi everyone, 

I am working on an RnD project on Vellum and realistic characters and clothing.

I have a setup with a model with a couple of layers of clothes. After my simulation is cached I have all the clothes as one mesh and cannot apply the textures I was originally planning to use. I tried point deforming the original geometry to the simulation but it is not perfect.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fix this?

On 6/9/2020 at 10:31 AM, v1zsla said:

Hi everyone, 

I am working on an RnD project on Vellum and realistic characters and clothing.

I have a setup with a model with a couple of layers of clothes. After my simulation is cached I have all the clothes as one mesh and cannot apply the textures I was originally planning to use. I tried point deforming the original geometry to the simulation but it is not perfect.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fix this?

You can add an id or group attribute to the faces of the simulation mesh

If you are fine with rendering the simulation mesh then you can use this group to determine what material gets applied, i.e. in the group option of the material node

If uv's are the problem as the topology's changed your best chance would be to use an attribute transfer node

If you want to use the original mesh then you might get better results by point deforming each item of clothing individually if you aren't already doing that.

To do that you could isolate each item on both the sim and render mesh using the groups, do a point deform per item and then merge them back together.

You can either use a for loop or not