Update attributes of 2 geometry in solver node

Hi,

I am a total newbie to houdini (math student trying to make some simulation here) and I wonder if there's a way that I can update attributes of 2 geometry in solver node. Basically I created a volume node and used it to represent a self-advecting vector field (I do the update in a solver node) and I want to create particles that uses this vector field as its velocity and move around the volume. I feel like this really should be a simple task but I have been stuck for several days and haven't figured out how to deal with it.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 12.27.02 AM.png

Edited by cloudamy

On 7/23/2020 at 12:44 PM, eimk said:

POP Advect by Volumes is probably what you're looking for

particle_advection.hipnc

particle_advection.thumb.gif.ffac387648d812a4b38f115031fb80f9.gif

I see. This is very helpful! Although is it possible to do this if we don't convert it to vdb before the solver node? I want to determine how the vector field change myself so right now I have a wrangle node inside my solver, and I am not sure if this is still possible if we use vdb advection node instead

The VDB conversion and advection was just to make the volume change over time for demo purposes since I didn't have your .hip to work with. The POP Advect by Volumes node will work with any volume, so it should be fine with your wrangle.

5 minutes ago, eimk said:

The VDB conversion and advection was just to make the volume change over time for demo purposes since I didn't have your .hip to work with. The POP Advect by Volumes node will work with any volume, so it should be fine with your wrangle.

I see, thank you!