PavloPopov

Hi guys!

Recently I was asking for some advice on how to deform spherical parts of volume into different shapes (in my case skulls). And here is the best reply I've got:

"You need a dop I/O node - target your dop network and then point it to your smoke object. Add an import field with the little plus button and import the field named "Pressure".
This value is very small but if you use volume visualize nodes or volume vops you can fit the values to pull out the pressure range where these mushroom shapes occur.
Once you know the range (usually somewhere around 0.02 to 0.00 for these shapes) you now have the correct mask range. You can now set "Pressure" as the control field in your disturbance tab on the pyro solver. Just make sure you use the correct range, then you can dial the strength of your disturbance applied in only the areas highlighted previously in your volume visualizer.

One thing to note - if you want to identify them each you're going to need a sop solver. Once you have the pressure field isolated, you can convert the vdb to poly and use connectivity to seperate them out and then pack them to get a centroid for the specific mushroom. But you're going to want to blend the point position of that centroid over time as it may jitter or pop in and out of existence depending on the tightness of your isolation range. Once those points have a history they'll have velocity and direction you can use to orient your custom field that warps it into a skull or whatever."

However, I'm stuck on the last step where I have to setup sop solver and feed the output back in a sim. I would be very grateful for any advice or more detailed instructions on how to set the last part up :) 

P.S. I've attached a basic setup file in case if needed :) 

sklsmk_test.hipnc

geo_02.0001.bgeo.sc

1.PNG

3.PNG

Edited by PavloPopov