Procedurally Select Points on Outside Corners

lacer8

Hi there and thanks in advance for any help. 

I have a node that does some damage to imported meshes. In one part of it, I want to get only the points from the outside corners of an imported mesh. I thought this was working, but it turns out that with more complex shapes, my current method fails, and the results are undependable. I've attached an image that I hope explains better what I want. 

This seems like a simple and basic thing. I searched here, but the other topics that test for corners are flat polygons or curves. 

Thanks again! 

outside-corner-selection.jpg

Nevermind. I found a way... Hopefully it'll stand up to testing. Basically, I bevel the edges, measure the curvature, create a group based on concavity, delete non-selected points (seems like concavity and convexity are reversed in meaning in Houdini), fuse them just to make sure there's only one point on a corner, and then I add the normals back in because I need them later for orientation on copy to points. So far this is leaving me with only the points I want. 

outside-corner-selection_fix.jpg