Houdini Muscle Simulation

wangxiao

• 1 month later...

Hey wangxiao, show us your setup or share the .hip. When it comes to houdini muscles: it's infuriating. You have to rig the stuff in a certain way then pin the origin/insertio to the correct bones of the rig. Tbh you might be better off with just using Ziva. here's the thread i did a while ago and information is rare as hell. the documentation within houdini is also not very helpful. let me know if you succeeded.

• 1 month later...

It could be even more worthy to try to build your own system with the new SOP rigging scenario? for the sake of learning. If there is no good documentation anyways. I would try to reverse engineer the current object muscle nodes, open them up, look what is inside and try to understand what is going on. Then list all of the conclusions and try to apply the similar logic in the new kinefx workflow. That is how you will learn what is behind, try to think like an engineer rather than just learn different tools and you will be far more equipped for all kinds of scenarios in simulating muscles.