Pyro: houdini 18 gas disturb solver HELP

Hello guys, i would like to give an big scale of disturbance in my smoke simulation, and an fine details in thinner areas.

in good old days i would use two difference scales (gas disturbance) and merge them.

but looks like in Houdini 18 the gas disturbance was replaced by the so called gas disturb, it seems both do the same thing.

however the parameter cutoff(if i not wrong, it's the area where the disturb would act, using the value of density) Is no longer available. 

and there is a Threshold Range, but i didn't fully understand how read this value and use it well. how use those parameters well, like how i read these values to put in Threhold Range

PARAMETERS.JPG.9f75b28e46cc25e2425e0995925cc530.JPG

The threshold range will take that input range and remap it as a 0-1 multipier on your disturbance value.  So anything .05 or above will not get effected, and the closer you get to 0, the stronger the effect. Basically masks the edges of your smoke to get the fine detail

• Like 2