Normalize A Normal In Vop

sanostol

This time I tried vop. I want to normalize point normals.

the network is easy, a global variable node is connected with N to a normalize node, that leads to the output N. but this gives me following error message:

what I'm doing wrong here, what is so special with normalize, multiply constant for example does work like expected

martin

post-1071-1163361589_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Do I have to declare a variable when using vops, I thought the global variable node does all. If I have to do it in vop, how can I ?

The other thing is that it does work with other operations, like multiplication.

martin

Have you declared that variable, nvec?

i.e.

vector nvec = normalize(N);

This time I tried vop. I want to normalize point normals.

the network is easy, a global variable node is connected with N to a normalize node, that leads to the output N. but this gives me following error message:

what I'm doing wrong here, what is so special with normalize, multiply constant for example does work like expected

martin

Are you calling your function "normalize"?

If so, don't: you'd be calling your function from inside the function itself, which would explain the recursive error message... VEX does not support recursion (neither does any other shading language I know).

If this is the case, rename your function.

Failing that, post a simplified version of the problem so people have a chance to diagnose it.