Digital Assets Help

Visual Cortex Lab

Hi there,

I started a new thread following this one cause I think it was so cool that needed a specific HDA thread instead of just "chcp"....

and well... cause I've got another question about HDA...

I did built my subnet which contains fews VOP SOP definitions... the problem is.. now i cant create a HDA from such subnet cause it says "there's node that cant be deleted".. and those nodes are such VOP_SOP_definitions .... I thought that creating a VOP network and then cut/paste those (or copy/paste/delete) would fix this... but didnt...

I know I should had started with a VOP network... but... I'm now used to create VOP SOP definitions for "fast" things... (thanks Paul.. that's awesome :)) ... but now I'm stuck at this point.

only way i see is creating those VOP SOP inside a VOP network from scratch...

any help appreciated.

cheers.

I believe I am familiar with this issue. Fortunately it's not a big issue. The eror message you describe comes up after you do "Create Digital Asset...", right? Well, even though tyou get an error message, the new HDA has been created. So to add parameters and edit your HDA, just delete the original subnet, and put down a new instance of your HDA. Unlock the contents, and start editing.

That error message is a result of the failed attempt to convert the existing subnet to the new HDA type. It happens after the HDA has already been created.

Mark

I actually fixed by making new SOP types from those VOPSOP definitions.. (they were usefull anyway) ... and then deleting the VOPSOP defs....

another question about "disable when" script... how to negate the value?

what i'd need is

{ myparameter !0 }

but this wont work until i use instead the "true" values

{ myparameter 1} { myparameter 2} { myparameter 3}

for example...

thanks in advance...

cheers.

There currently is no way to do a negative comparison in disable-when strings. If the disable-when expression becomes extremely complex and hard to mnage, you can make a new invisible parameter which contains an expression to calculate the disable value of the other parm, and then have the disable-when check the value of this invisible parm. Not pretty, but it should work.

Mark

allrighty :) ... hint catched... thanks :)

what I wonder... is portability of H8.x stuffs (otl at first) with H9 ... since H9 will be a super major release (who said python?) with many different/new things and way of working... but this aint the place/time to talk yet about this... but still....

...i just cant wait to put my hands on it :D

cheers