How to get pyro to effect an rbd

brownie

What is the best way to go about exploding a building with a pyro explosion? Currently I have a setup that has a fractured structure that I add point velocities to and the rbd solver.

I want to have a pyro explosion I can use to drive the rbd. How can I do this, none of the tutorials I've seen have pyro.

I'm looking for something like this. -

Edited by brownie

17 hours ago, brownie said:

Is it possible with the rbd bullet solver? Or does it have to be packed geometry?

It has to be packed geometry even if you use it in sop rbd solver (if that is what you ment) the solver will make it packed under the hood, there is no other way bullet would work. What is wrong with packed? In your video example they are pre-fractured and packed for sure. Do you need them to melt? Then you have to make a source of them and rasterize them as liquids, anyway, and use fields from the pyro to affect particles of the fluids and trigger different effects with it. It would be more clear if you specify what you want to do. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 9:25 AM, skomdra said:

It has to be packed geometry even if you use it in sop rbd solver (if that is what you ment) the solver will make it packed under the hood, there is no other way bullet would work. What is wrong with packed? In your video example they are pre-fractured and packed for sure. Do you need them to melt? Then you have to make a source of them and rasterize them as liquids, anyway, and use fields from the pyro to affect particles of the fluids and trigger different effects with it. It would be more clear if you specify what you want to do. 

Oh sorry if I am being unclear I'm kind of new to pyro/rbd. So currently I have a model of a house with 2 groups, the stone parts, and the wood parts. I used a rbd material fracture on both parts separately one concrete, and one wood fracture. Now I want to combind these two separate fractures and their constraints into a bullet solver. Then I want a pyro explosion to advect the geometry so it explodes outwards. Thank you for helping, I know it might be confusing.

Also this is something else I was looking at to maybe help me out with this.

• 2 weeks later...