This might sound like a silly question but, Is there any easy way or a tool that would collect all the assets into a Houdini folder structure with 1 click?

Many times creating a project leaves me with a lot of textures, models, and other assets spread over different hard drives and folders. I know the best way is to throw them straight to the Houdini folder structure but sometimes I just don't know if I will use this asset and I prefer to make it on final export, or just don't bother in order to stay focused on the creative process. Coming from other applications this is a part of the workflow and yet I haven't found any solution here in Houdini to collect all assets easily. 

Edited by plazadelmar

On 12/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, plazadelmar said:

This might sound like a silly question but, Is there any easy way or a tool that would collect all the assets into a Houdini folder structure with 1 click?

Many times creating a project leaves me with a lot of textures, models, and other assets spread over different hard drives and folders. I know the best way is to throw them straight to the Houdini folder structure but sometimes I just don't know if I will use this asset and I prefer to make it on final export, or just don't bother in order to stay focused on the creative process. Coming from other applications this is a part of the workflow and yet I haven't found any solution here in Houdini to collect all assets easily. 

The easiest solution: from now on, don't have your textures and assets everywhere but put them in the project structure Houdini creates for you, from file - new project. Every pipeline has to be designed in advance, so you don't have these problems later. And for gathering the assets, it could exist a python script somewhere, I did't search for it. Try Render > Pre-Flight Scene and see where it takes you.